Monday, March 12, 2012

March Happiness Challenge: Day 8

This makes me smile. Yesterday I spent time with my best friend Ryane, her sister Eryn, their kids, and her boyfriend. We went to the park. There is something so wonderful and satisfying about chasing happy little kids through the park when the sun is shining and they're happy to see you anyway. I spent the majority of my summer at their apartment, hanging around, babysitting, and just thoroughly enjoying myself. After seeing me about twice, Eryn's kids decided they absolutely adore me. Though I have no real relation to any of them, Eryn fondly refers to me as her sister, and her two older children, Kymira(7) and Drayvin(2), shout "Aunt Sessa!" with absolute glee any time they see me, and her nine-month old son Trace smiles like a goon when I interact with him. Ryane's little girl Achlys has always had an affinity for me, so it was a heartwarming evening at the park. The kids playing in the sand, sliding, swinging, and chasing us around in the evening sun did something to my heart. They filled it with the warmth and love I always feel when I'm around them. I miss being that small, when joy comes in simplicity and seeing the people you love. Not that being older completely takes that away, but there is always an underlying complication. A harsh remark, bad history, or just general drama. I will hang onto these moments my entire life and I hope to share many more with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment